How do you obtain a medical marijuana card in Florida?
I have been asked how does one obtain Medical Cannabis in Florida now that Amendment 2 has passed. Before you go looking to buy some bud, this short list of guidelines should get you pointed in the right direction.
- Patients must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a Florida Resident with a valid Florida I.D. as proof of residency. If you do not have a Florida I.D. an out of state I.D., passport, or other photo I.D. with proof of residency such as bank statement, utility bill, etc. is acceptable.
- Patients must obtain legitimate medical records or documentation from your primary care physician describing their diagnosis and bring these records with you to your marijuana evaluation appointment.
- The qualifying patient must have been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition. Additionally, the patient must be a patient of the ordering doctor for at least 3 months prior to the diagnosis.
- All patients will be required to register with the Department of Health, details will be provided once the Florida Medical Marijuana Program has been fully implemented by the DOH.
- A patient must have tried other treatments without success and the ordering doctor must determine the risks of use are reasonable in respect to the benefits to the patient.
- Florida Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program